Friday, April 20, 2012

here, you can be anything



My favorite part of the morning is opening up the curtains on all the windows. I don't really feel like I can breathe until I can let in the cloud-filtered, rain-soaked sunlight. Only then do I feel like the day has actually begun. There is always some surprise out there. Squirrels, sometimes snow, but most often it is skies that are slightly grey and leaky. 


This week I have started getting up an hour or two before the kids so I can get in a workout and a shower before the day gets hectic. I forgot how nice it is to not start the day running, instead getting to warm up on my own time. To pray in silence, instead of having to pray in the bathroom for privacy while little voices call out my name. Not to say that you can't pray anywhere, anytime, but sometimes I can't hear my own thoughts, let alone those given to me

1 comment: