Thursday, March 15, 2012

if at first you don't succeed


Things I've noticed adding a third kid to our life:
-My standard for which I let myself be seen in public has seriously lowered. "No-shower-post-workout" lowered. Sleep is still the highest priority, precious far above rubies.

-The girls are taking full advantage of having a baby around to put their own ages in perspective. I overheard Petra explain "Rills, Lars is the baby, so you are a big girl and I am a teenager!"
-Functionality is slowly pushing fashion out of the picture entirely. Either boys are really less fun to dress than girls, or I am getting more lazy. Footsie pants or better yet, footsie Pjs, keep my baby warm and my diaper changes swift.
-My diaper bag/SUITCASE has become the size of five worlds. Accommodating three kids under five with diapers, snacks, bottles, water, entertainment, etc is ludicrous. You should see me trying to make my way down the hall at church. At just the heighth of a child's head, there have been casualties.
-I've found myself calling these days the best of times, the worst of times. We've been busy, and everyday is its own blend of chaos and monotony. A full house and a giant move on the horizon. But man, I am more in love with my kids than ever. We are a full on family now. A family! All this things shall be for our good. And at least on most days I laugh as much as I cry, right?

me trying to snap a pic of me and buddyguy, and mostly missing

No comments:

Post a Comment