Saturday, March 24, 2012

what are your weaknesses

emo look-away technique, or watching the neighbor kids run across my lawn? I'll never tell.

This was my friend-date night ensemble I wore to see the Hunger Games with my friend Emily. Over all I thought the movie was quite excellent, actually. Different than I had imagined in my head, but interpreted beautifully. I do not, however,  like how they cut out Madge giving her the Mockingjay pin. Unnecessary. And I really am still not sure Jennifer Lawrence would be my first choice for Katniss (she kinda had the same look on her face the entire movie.) But I still really, really enjoyed it. And let's be honest, any chance I get to go out with Em, eat pizza, talk shop, and eat movie snacks is going to be a pretty excellent time, regardless of the motion picture. 

4 comments:

  1. I was pretty peeved about the whole Madge thing too but I actually really liked Katniss. She is definitely not who I would have thought of, but I thought she did so great. I was so pleased with the casting, they were spot on. Haymitch? Peeta?! Gale!! Perfect.

    p.s. I have those flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Peeta. I wasn't sold before I saw the movie, but he was excellent. He made me swoon so hard with that braid touch, before the berries? ayiyi.

      and I love that you have those flats. they are my favs right now.

      Delete
  2. Me: I'm hungry.
    Wife: Go find yourself something to eat.
    Me: I don't like these hunger games...

    I have not yet seen the movie. I might just go for the nachos...

    ReplyDelete