Wednesday, September 7, 2011

all things ordinary

yah yah, my post titles have been dominated by anniversary lyrics. it is one part the fact that it is the only grown up music I have listened to lately, one part that they have been stuck in my head since then, and two parts that I really like them. 

........................................

today has been a whole lot of hanging around while our landlord fixes a sundry of items around the house. it's a smidge awkward, and I am never sure what to do with myself or the girls. I should just get out of the house, but I think he prefers to have someone here.  and I guess there are worse things than having to hang about while someone else fixes everything. although, now that I think about it, he may just think I am a terribly lazy mother who doesn't take her kids out of the house all day long. oh dear. 

..........................................

petra and rilla got in to a fight over something this afternoon (shocker), and when in her eyes I "sided" with rilla, petra "ran away" to the back yard with a book. she couldn't have found a better way to "punish" me. I tried to take sneaky photos through the screen, because it was just so darn cute. 

hu-rumph.

no one understands me

this book is great, what was I upset about?
..........................................

rilla moments later, had forgotten all about the fight and was rummaging through sisters play-time remnants. she found a baby goldfish who she told me finds swimming in the rainbow really fun. 

who, me?

a hug for baby goldfish
a fish-kiss for baby brother


..........................................

today was the first day of school in these parts, and while today was so very unproductive, I couldn't help but feel a little glad that petra didn't start preschool for a couple of weeks, and we could be schedule-free just a little bit longer. I know she will love school, and I am so excited for her, but sometimes it is nice not having anywhere to go, or anywhere to be but with each other. fights and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment