Thursday, September 1, 2011

the new fall line for the season

look closely, can you see the bulbocity that is my stomach? poor rilla can barely fit!
tonight I saw it. that color in the air that said "fall." I looked out the window and there it was. that, color on the world that makes me feel ready for anything. the air had that chill and just a few leaves were slowly floating down in the wind. the girls tried to catch them as they fell, giggling when they swirled just out of reach, as if on purpose. I love love love fall. I don't think summer has had it's last hoorah just yet, though. this was just a sneak peek at what is to come. but it was enough to wake me up inside, and I can hardly wait for more. 


and in the mean time, I will thoroughly enjoy this three day weekend as my farewell to summer. labor day bbq!


postscript: rilla's chubby knees, wrists and elbows melt me into smoosh. she still has a tiny bit of her baby chub, and I am eating it up while I can. 

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes catch myself wanting to live somewhere with seasons... then I remember how great it is here in the winter. That said, I'm still jealous of your fall on the way.

    ReplyDelete