Sunday, September 4, 2011

and I'll never forget how that black dress

is that a heart? how surprising and sweet...

I get a little hormotional* when I'm pregnant. couple that with the end of summer boredom, and it has been a long couple of weeks for all of us. so this saturday jeff insisted we call a sitter and get out the house for a while. I think the girls needed a break from us as much as we needed a break from them, from the way they waved us off as soon as the sitter got there. we got dressed up, tried to take some hipster couple pics, (we didn't make it past the test shot, my purple blouse over my baby bump was too reminiscent of violet beauregarde) and we were out the door. 


I made jeff take me to a fancy restaurant in bellevue. I mean, we made reservations. it was beautiful. we chatted and absorbed the atmosphere and I professed my undying love ... of the upcoming television fall line up. the food was oh so delicious. and tiny. 




so right after dinner we went to dairy queen and got fries and ice-cream. dairy queen doesn't take reservations, but they sure know their way around a chocolate malt. it was a perfect night.




*hormotional :  an emotional state fueled or exaggerated by hormones. 

3 comments:

  1. can't help but give you a thumbs up for the two recent blog titles referring to the anniversary lyrics. thank you for writing, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chanel...lovin the anniversary lyrics. Your date night sounds amazing. Ive never tried DQ's fries. But if the fry and shake combo is anything like a Wendy's fry and frosty combo...then it must have been beautiful.

    ReplyDelete