Monday, September 12, 2011

I drown in mine

the wetlands. 

I think my nesting instinct has gone a little haywire. it seems to have spread beyond the organizing of the homestead, and has grown to include petra's upcoming birthday party, getting her ready for preschool, and even christmas. getting all these things done and ready feels like an emergency, when really, nothing is so serious. I just wish I had the actual energy to do all the things on my list. I think I subconsciously feel as though checking off the events that will be happening before son gets here will somehow get him here sooner. start preschool? check. petra's birthday? check. halloween? check. thanksgiving? check. due date? check! over-prepping for these events is not going to help this pregnancy go any faster. but yet, it is all giving me mad insomnia. that, and my restless legs, heartburn, hunger. and oh yah, the fact that our landlord decided to paint our house on the hottest weekend of the year and has had the windows taped over with newspaper for two days making it impossible to take advantage of the nightly breeze and drop in temperature. it is making me feel extremely claustrophobic. we rarely need air conditioning here, but it sure would be nice to have right now. 

bringing my spirits up is the creature comfort of headphones and itunes as I type this. I have been craving* dear and the headlights lately. specifically, this guy's voice. small steps, heavy hooves. it's gettin' easy. I have listened to it twice already. seriously, something about this guys singing voice that I just really, really enjoy and appreciate, and somehow even more so pregnant  at two a.m. with things on my mind. 


*cravings... going beyond the edible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment